Monday, December 17, 2007

When I was pregnant with Daniel my dad gave me this list of what moms wish they had known about pregnancy, childbirth and babies. I thought some of them were good, and it was funny to look at the list because I probably experienced about 90% of them.

  • Things I wish I knew.....

That I'd feel tired all the time--my breasts would feel like they weighed 12 lbs each, and prenatal vitamins are huge and disgusting.

That every stranger in the world thinks its okay to touch your belly

About the constipation and gas, My husband was convinced that someone kidnapped his real wife

That morning sickness can happen at any time of day and just because you reach your third trimester, it doesn't mean it goes away.

About the stretching ligament pain--it feels like my hip and bones are stretching apart.

That my skin would be extremely dry all over and even flaking and sometimes itching.

That when you get further into your pregnancy be careful about sneezing and laughing to hard or you might find yourself needing another pair of underwear.

Not to be embarrassed about anything that happens in the labor room

That breastfeeding would be so difficult

To buy a breast pump ahead of time

That I would have to wear my maternity clothes so long after the baby was born

That I would still look 5 months pregnant leaving the hospital

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Heather! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I love your idea of a pregnancy blog, so cute! Good luck with everything.

ps I am do August 7th!