Monday, January 14, 2008
The sound of relief!
So today I had my 12 week appointment, actually i'm about 12 weeks 5 days, but it was a sound of relief when the doctor picked up the heartbeat, it was very strong and in the 150's. The first 12 weeks are always the toughest, because anything can happen, but as soon as they picked up the heartbeat I was just relieved, like a weight was lifted off me. They were a little worried about my weight because since my 8 week appointment I had actually lost about 8 lbs, but I reassured them that I am eating, but due to those brief weeks of being so nauseous and not being able to eat, it took more of a toll on my body than I imagined, but luckily I am able to eat now and have gained a little weight back from the total amount I lost, so now I just have to focus on eating healthy, and make sure i'm getting enough calories. And even with losing some weight I am now outgrowing my "normal" clothes, I have had to move onto maternity pants, they are just more comfortable, because right now anything around my waist or anything that is a little snug around my waist makes me nauseous, and I'm willing to take comfort over anything right now. But this last week has been one of my better ones, and I'm hoping they will just keep getting better. Hopefully I'll have some pictures up soon of my little bump, its not much, but I was surprised to already be pooching out and showing just a little bit. But its exciting and I'm looking forward to these next 6 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment