Thursday, February 14, 2008

A little bit of relief

First off, I know the triple screen test they do is not a diagnostic test, its mainly to screen for abnormalities and other birth defects, but for me it was a huge relief . This time I decided to take the triple screen test, considering I have a child with spina bifida I thought it might be a good idea, so when I saw I had a voice mail from my doctors office saying they had my test results back my heart started pounding, Now I know there can be a lot of false positive results and there is really no guarantee to this test, its mainly used to screen you for these birth defects to know if you are at risk and need further testing, but when I called the doctor back and I heard those words, your tests are "negative" I had an overwhelming amount emotion come over me. Its just nice to not have to worry about more test and doctors telling me they aren't sure but we think it could be this, because it seemed with the Daniel I got the run around with so many doctors, I was being told one week this was wrong, then another week that this isn't right and so on, so its nice to for once have a test done and be done with it, and to have it actually come back normal. At least for now, Now the real test will be when we have our ultrasound in 3 weeks and hopefully we will have more good news, but for now just having a "negative" result on a screening test is fine by me.

2 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I bet that really is a relief! Hope everything continues to go well.

Unknown said...

Hi Heather aka.. Head!!! I was so excited to hear from you! Wow it has been forever. You need to post some pictures so I can see your family!!!