Wednesday, April 30, 2008

28 Weeks

Well I had my 28 week appointment yesterday and got to drink that wonderful glucose drink (sense the sarcasm). Anyways, it is probably the worse thing I have ever had to drink, but sadly I didn't have good news, they checked my blood, and it looks like another pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes, I wasn't completely surprised, I was actually expecting it, considering the facts, I had it with Daniel, my dad is a diabetic, my mom had it with me and my brother. I was hoping for for some miracle that I could bypass it this time, but sadly no. So tomorrow I get to go do the 3 hr test so they test my tolerance to sugar so we know exactly what I need to do from here on out, basically whether or not I'll be able to control it by diet, or if I have test my blood after every meal, or in the worse case scenario I have to take insulin. I was able to control it with diet with Daniel, so I'm hoping that's the case here. The one thing though I'm not looking forward to is the "diet" they put you on, now I say diet, but it more of a diet to control the amount of sugar your taking in, so basically I have to pack away all sweets (you know the things you just love when your pregnant) like cookies, candy bars, chocolate, and basically all your concentrated sugars, then I have to watch my carbs, and try to focus on eating more protein. Anyways I'm not going to bore you with my diet details, but needless to say I'm not looking forward to it, but on the positive note at least its not going to last forever, only 84 days left! The rest of my appointment went rather well, my weight gain was right on, my blood pressure was good, but when he went to measure me I am actually a centimeter bigger than I should be, but regardless of the news I got, the appointment went very well an although it won't be easy, these little diet sacrifices will all be worth it when she arrives!

2 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That's too bad you have to deal with that again - but at least everythin else looked good!

The Mortensen Family said...

That stinks I'm sorry!